TYR is a privately held corporation headquartered in Portland, Oregon. Our employee-owners are all actively involved in sales, logistics and purchasing.
The company has three main lines of business. We started as TYR Wood Products, a specialized exporter, domestic distributor and wholesaler of North American hardwood lumber. Over time we have developed two additional product lines. TYR Food Products supplies conventional and organic beans, lentils and grains to industrial accounts in North America, South America, Asia and Europe. TYR Feed Products is exclusively focused on supplying imported and domestic organic grains to North American feed mills, dairies and co-ops.
Our mission is to be a trusted business partner to both our customers and suppliers. Our goal is to provide exemplary service, good value and great advice. Our business is based on mutual trust. We conclude transactions in the five and six figure range every day based on a handshake or a verbal agreement over the phone. We have a strong balance sheet and always pay our vendors as agreed. We say what we will do and we do what we say. We hope we will have an opportunity to earn your business. Below are some of the values we believe in and live by.
* Integrity: TYR associates are expected to adhere to a high set of moral standards. All behavior should be straightforward, truthful and sincere.
* Positive Attitude: Our associates bring a positive, can-do attitude to work every day.
* Trustworthiness: Key components of trust are honesty, reliability and predictability. We expect our associates to conduct their business accordingly.
* Respect: We expect all TYR team members to always be polite and treat customers, suppliers and colleagues with consideration and care.
* Clear Communication: Our mantra is to “say what you will do and do what you say”. Our associates are instructed to not procrastinate or rely on e-mail when communicating with our business partners. This is especially important when delivering bad news. Bad news should be delivered by phone whenever possible.
Perfection is hard to attain. We want your feedback if we fall short of our aspirations. However, we would also like to hear from you if our associates go above and beyond the call of duty. Our entire team at TYR sincerely appreciate and value the trust that you have placed in us and look forward to being your partner in business for many years to come.