Are you an experienced export sales/trader looking for a better opportunity? Join the TYR team!
Successful candidates should have:
- General understanding of import and export markets and/or operations;
- Working knowledge of Germany, United Kingdom and/or the Netherlands; and
- Ability to work in multiple languages a real plus.
Experience in wood, food or feed sales is preferred but not required. We’ll provide continuous hands-on training and top-notch support staff required to help you build a successful sales/trading desk.
- Transparent and generous compensation plan;
- Matching 401(k) plan;
- Paid vacation;
- Medical and dental benefits; and
- Evenings, weekends and holidays off.
TYR is a privately-held corporation headquartered in Portland, Ore. We have three lines of business: Wood Products (specialized exporter, domestic distributor and wholesaler of North American hardwood lumber); Food (conventional and organic beans, lentils and grains to industrial accounts in North America, South America, Asia and Europe); and Feed (imported and domestic organic grains to North American feed mills, dairies and co-ops).
We have a wonderful open office environment in downtown Portland, blocks from the MAX and bus lines. We’re proud of our fun, dynamic, respectful and professional team of co-workers. We start early, but we’re off by 3:30pm Monday-Thursday and work half days on Fridays.
We’re self-financed and have a strong balance sheet.